The Heart of the Home
A masonry heater from Maine Wood Heat will keep your home and loved ones warm, happy and healthy all winter long. Much more than a simple fixture or appliance, we like to say that a masonry heater is the Heart of the Home. Its gentle heat draws us in on cold days with a warm embrace and the allure of a flickering fire.
The tradition of masonry heaters is founded in an enduring dedication to efficiency. The concept is simple, tried and true: Complete combustion is utilized to warm the masonry mass, which in turn radiates healthy, long-lasting heat throughout the home, renewing the energy of those who gather around it.
Why Choose a Masonry Heater?
- Efficiency — Maine Wood Heat’s AlbieCore™ Finnish Contraflow masonry heater creates near-perfect combustion conditions in order to effectively transform solid wood into gas fuel. Burn just two small fires every 24 hours.
- Health — Gentle low-temperature radiant warmth is kind to the body throughout the winter—that means no dry skin or sinuses. Our Contraflow masonry design creates natural convection airflow within a home, decreasing the transference of respiratory ailments, too.
- Safety – With a short efficient burn and large surfaces to radiate gentle heat, Finnish masonry heaters provide sound peace of mind. A burn cycle started at 6pm is completely over by bedtime, yet still disperses heat throughout the night and into the next day. Stay warm, stay safe and sleep tight. When the fire is out, the heat is on.
- Beauty — Our Master builders can integrate a masonry heater into almost any space, working with your home’s existing aesthetics to create a functional architectural element or piece of art.
- Tradition — The warm surfaces and inviting contours of masonry heaters have been the social center of traditional households for centuries—for visiting, playing, relaxing and all life’s joys in between.