Building a Masonry Heater
What to Expect…
- A skilled two-person crew can expect to build a simple brick heater and the first eight feet of a single flue chimney in seven days. Additional features, foundation work, or additional chimney work will require additional time.
- Custom made stone veneered heaters can take several weeks to construct and are considerably more expensive than brick heaters.
- In order to create a workable schedule, and to allow us to order and hold materials for each client, advance notice of approximately three months and payment in full for all materials is required for all heater projects.
- Maine Wood Heat Co., Inc. will prepare a materials and labor estimate detailing the various aspects of the job (foundation, heater, inside chimney, above the roof chimney, benches (optional), cleanup, etc.)
- By signing the proposal the client commits to the project and the purchase of materials. Our estimate is not a contractual bid with a profit margin figured in.
- Labor is paid on a weekly basis.
Please contact us for our current construction rates via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office (207) 474-7465.